Lifestyle

The First Lookthrough Of My 2021 Bullet Journal

It’s the first day of 2021 so happy new year, everyone! I hope you all had a good one considering. I actually just chilled in my PJs and watched the London display from my bed. You can’t go wrong with a relaxing start to a new year, can you?

One of the few things I loved about 2020 was doing my bullet journal. There’s something relaxing about learning some new skills and putting them to good use. I only had my Mina Lima notebook to write in so couldn’t be as pretty as I wanted but I reckon I did pretty good!

Let me introduce my 2021 bullet journal to you! It took a little drafting but I’m loving how it’s turning out.

Bullet Journal

Pinterest really is the best place to get inspiration for journalling. I loved discovering different creations and picking and choosing from the pictures I saw. A lot of what you’ll see was inspired and just changed a little to my tastes. I thought that I would use yellow for my first theme of the year. It’s so bright and makes everything look so happy!

I wanted to experiment with the different pens so used my yellow Tombow Dual Brush with a Uni Pin Fine Line (0.5) and a white gel pen. Do I sound like a stationery blogger yet?! I do love my pens even if I don’t know how to use them properly. Haha!

Can you tell I’ve been working on my lettering too?

I haven’t discovered how to do those stunning watercoloured quote pages yet, but I still wanted to include a quote to prepare me for 2021. This one really spoke to me for some reason. Being able to be the you that could be instead of working on someone you’re not meant to be.

Comparison loves to warp your perception. It’s something I’m going to be working with my therapist on next week so wish me luck!

With mental health being a giant part of my life, I needed somewhere to dump all the rubbish that’s inside of my brain. Not necessarily the negative stuff, but all the random stuff. I have a bunch of that in my ol’ noggin and what better place to store it than on a brain dump page.

We might not be able to go to the cinema in person right away but, as last year revealed, the film industry know how to bring them to us. We had new Disney films on Disney Plus, straight to screen on Sky Movies and even Netflix got in on the action.

2021 has more films than this coming out but these are the ones that have caught my eye. I’m particularly excited for Cruella, Spiderman 3 and Respect! I’m predicting that Respect will have some Oscars buzz for 2022! Yes, I’m looking ahead to next year already!

Below I have a bookcase for at least 30 books I want to read this year. I’ll probably add at least 20 more if I can. Let’s just see what happens, shall we? We also have a saving wishlist because I seriously need a carpet in my flat (my feet are cold!) and a new laptop (it’s 10 years old this year!). If I’m going to get a new one, I’m saving up for a Macbook Pro.

It’s great to be back blogging again. I’ve missed it and definitely planning to make more posts more frequently. I’ve had my year of utter depression and NO MORE! Daisy is being reborn into a blogger once more!

Jenna
    1st January 2021 at 9:39 pm

These are such cute pages! I miss having a bullet journal – they are lots of work but super fun! 🙂
    Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

2nd January 2021 at 6:55 pm

Aw thank you! I find it super relaxing to create when I don’t compare it to others!

Lucy
    2nd January 2021 at 6:47 pm

I loved looking at the pages in your bullet journal Daisy, they’re adorable! x

Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk

2nd January 2021 at 6:56 pm

Thanks, Lucy! I actually tried when I did these and am pretty proud of how they turned out!

Aoife
    2nd January 2021 at 6:51 pm

Oh wow, these pages are amazing!! You’ve definitely inspired me to start bullet journaling again x

Aoife | https://www.aoifecaitriona.co.uk/

2nd January 2021 at 6:57 pm

Yayyyy!! You should! I’d love to see it if you choose to start again! I just do random pages! Haha!

Britt
    3rd January 2021 at 3:10 pm

I love the way that you laid this out. I bought my first bullet journal this year but haven’t sat down to set it up yet. I’m getting some GREAT inspiration from your layouts here and can already see how I could take some of these ideas and spin them to work for my own goals! I can’t wait to get going on it now (it’s part of tomorrow’s ‘get back to work’ routine lol)

6th January 2021 at 5:49 pm

Aww…thanks! Oooh and good luck for your bullet journal! It’s so much fun when you get into it especially if you have ideas on what you want to use it for. Fingers crossed for you!! x

Sophie
    4th January 2021 at 12:21 am

Okay, I use a bullet journal as my blog planner and I have spare pages for every month and I’ve been wanting to use them as more of a regular bullet journal. This looks incredible! I haven’t done mine yet (I know I’m late) but you’ve given me so many ideas for pages!! x

Sophie

6th January 2021 at 5:40 pm

Oooo! I’d love to know how you use it as a blog planner. I’ve been wanting to have some pages dedicated to that but never know how to set them out. Haha! Better late than never! x

Lauren
    5th January 2021 at 2:55 pm

The books you have read spread looks really cool. You have a great range of pages to keep you organised and living intentionally this year. I hope you have a great year.

Lauren

6th January 2021 at 5:39 pm

I wanted to make the spread a little fun this year since my last one didn’t get filled as much! Hopefully I’ll enjoy it a bit more! Same to you, hun!