Today is October 1st and, for a few bloggers out there, that’s the start of Blogtober!
The last time I was able to successfully do a post through the month of October was back in 2015. Don’t think I’ll be able to do every day but I’m going to try and post more often. One of the struggles I had with this was coming up with post ideas.
We struggle at the best of times so I hope that these can make your Blogtober extra productive!
Blogtober for nerdy/fandom bloggers
I had to start with some fun prompts for my fellow fandom bloggers!
Whether you chat about Disney, Harry Potter or other fandoms, let’s try to throw ideas at each other! We need all the help we can get for post ideas!
- Tips on how to deal with Disney Parks withdrawal
- What TV shows/films do you re-watch every year?
- A haul of autumn-related Disney products
- 5 fandom no-carving pumpkin items (break out the paints!)
- Do a Halloween decorate-with-me
- 4 Halloween costume and make-up ideas for kids and adults
- Gift Ideas for your nerdy friends
- What content do you watch to get you feeling seasonal (Youtube/TikTok)
- DIY craft ideas
- A Disney-inspired lookbook
With the weather getting more unpredictable and the days drawing in, this time of year is made for the book bloggers! They can curl up somewhere comfy and read. Nothing else you’d rather do when it’s raining and dark! I know that I’ve already been searching around Pinterest for ideas!
- Books you’re looking forward to this autumn
- Chat about cosy places to read in your home
- Share your favourite spooky books that scare you
- Craft your favourite books onto pumpkins
- What did you managed to read this month?
- Have you got any tips for people who are in a reading slump?
- Tell us what music you like to listen while you read during the colder months
- Compare original book covers to newer covers for the same book
- Spell out your first name with books you love and tell us why you love
- What blogtober ideas would you give to book bloggers?
One of the hardest tropes to do ideas for has to be lifestyle! Not hard as in not being able to come up with ideas but the opposite. There are so many things that you can write about and it’s trying to figure out which ones you want to do. I’m in the middle of both of these.
Somedays I can have no ideas whatsoever and others I get overwhelmed!
- Tell readers your reasons for loving/hating Autumn
- Do a home decor haul to make your home more seasonal
- Create some homemade recipes to warm you up
- Have you got autumnal candles that you love to burn?
- Create some fun ways to celebrate a social-distanced Halloween
- Write a bucket list for the upcoming month
- Chat about the scariest films you love
- Have you got any interesting childhood stories?
- Warm drinks that help you ignore rainy days
- Share any advice on dealing with seasonal depression
We might be stuck indoors more because of Covid-19, but I reckon we’ll still be able to come up with travel posts. We can either travel at a social distance or use our imagination! You would be surprised how often I visit other countries in my head.
I’m probably more in there than out of! Haha!
- A list of fun places you could visit for Halloween
- How would you travel on a badget?
- Discuss what you’re doing to stay safe while travelling
- What’s on your autumn travel bucket list
- Do you have a routine while travelling?
- Write about any childhood memories you have of travelling
- Who would be on your wishlist of famous people to travel with?
- What do you miss from home when you’re travelling?
- A list of things you don’t need but still end up packing
- If you could take part in any international autumn traditions, which ones would you choose and why?
Are you doing Blogtober this year? Have you got ideas you’d like to share?