It’s never too early to start thinking of gift posts, right? Don’t worry…I’m not going to start throwing Christmas at you (yet). I’ve just been on Etsy a fair bit and it inspired me to share some bookish items you could buy! This could be as a treat for yourself or friend who loves books too.
You wouldn’t believe how creative people can be on Etsy! All I had to do was type ‘bookish’ into the search bar and everything appeared. You have candles, booksleeves, t-shirts, bookmarks and more! This post could have been super long, but I just chose 3 kinds of gifts that I thought you might be interested in.
Let me know if you buy anything or have recommendations!
Pins are such incredible items!! Forget stamps and coins…pins are this generation’s collectible! You only have to look at how highly sort-after Disney pins are to know. Since all fandoms seem to love pins, you can bet that the bookish community love this too!
What better way to show your love for books (without throwing a book at someone) than by wearing a pin! There’s so many gorgeous ones out there!
The ones I’ve chosen down below are some of my favourites. I’ve actually ordered the Narnia pin because it’s just so pretty! Plus Narnia!! I’m hoping to get some more over the next few months…maybe for Christmas. Have you collected any book-related pins?
- Bookshop Pin (StaceyMcEvoyCaunt – £7.50)
- “Courage Dear Heart” (infiniteANDdarling – £7)
- “I’ll show you mine if you show me yours” (PunkyPins – £7.50)
- Little Women Pin – (LiteraryEmporium – £7.50)
- #Bookstagram – (BookoholicStore – £6.69)
If we’re going hardcore for showing others book love, then a t-shirt is a great thing to have! You can’t go wrong with nerdy t-shirts like this, especially on Etsy. They come in such gorgeous colours and have great designs! I don’t own any book clothes yet, but I’m definitely thinking about it.
I’ve got some personal favourites such as the Lord of the Rings one and the ‘Reality’ t-shirt. You’ve got to admit that we tend to read to escape the crazy world we’re living in. You know it’s bad when a fictional world is better than the real one.
- Lord of the Rings ‘Sword & Tree’ (LeafAndLoreShop – £23.85+)
- Reading Squad (littlecuteesstudio – £11.94+)
- Anne of Green Gables (LeafAndLoreShop – £23.85+)
- A Book A Day Keeps Reality Away (HippoAndKelpie – £18.23)
- Life Goal – Read all the books (MerchCafe – £20.69)
We’ve looked after ourselves, but we can’t forget to look after our books! I only found out in the last few years that booksleeves exist. Got to love booktubers for giving me a heads-up! A booksleeve is exactly as it sounds: a sleeve/pocket to slip your book into. It just gives it some extra protection if you want to take a book on commutes.
Keep your favourite book all nice and cosy!
- Owl Book Sleeve (GrumbleBumsCrafts – £8.99)
- Alice Book Buddy (MelvisMakes – £12.50)
- Wonder Woman Grey/Red Sleeve (StitchAnnStyle – £9.50)
Have you got any bookish items that you’ve bought?