Fandom Lifestyle

Why I Changed My Blog Name

Why I changed my name
Photo by Allie on Unsplash

Well, it’s been a hot minute since I’ve written a blog post! It has been over a month and I’ve missed you guys! If you didn’t notice I’d ducked out for a while, then no worries. I just decided to take a break away from blogging and social media to focus a little more on my mental health. I also wanted to look at the direction I wanted to take my blog next.

I’ve had the blog name ‘TheDeeWhoLived’ for nearly 3 years and, while it was amazing to have it, I knew it needed to go. I think all the news about J.K Rowling and her archaic views finally put a nail into that nerdy coffin.

Don’t get me wrong…I’m still utterly addicted to Harry Potter! It’s my magical world! J.K may have created it but we have built it. It’s our world now regardless of what she thinks.

It really knocked me for six when I saw what my favourite author was talking about and that’s what tainted my blog name. TheDeeWhoLived just didn’t feel right anymore. I couldn’t hold onto this Harry Potter name anymore. I actually wrote a letter to her offline to get all my thoughts and feelings onto paper. I have way too many transgender friends who have been affected.

Now you’ve probably seen my new name ‘According To Daisy’ and are probably wondering what the inspiration behind it is. That’s always something I think when I see a blogger changing their name! Haha! I could easily have come up with a detailed reason but I don’t have one! I chose this name because these posts and opinion are according to me!

That’s it.

Simples!

The next thing you’re probably thinking about is whether my content will stay the same. The answer is partially. I’m still going to write lifestyle posts because I really enjoy chatting about my daily thoughts, but I also want to venture more into my first love: fandom. I stepped away from writing more of these posts because they didn’t get much interaction but now I just don’t care.

I have too much fandom love to give so won’t stop myself anymore!

I’m still trying to figure out exactly what fandom content I want to create, though I have some fun ideas. I just want to put back the fun into blogging again. Putting so much pressure onto myself is what triggered my mental health in the first place! I’m never going to get thousands or even hundreds of views. I’m just too quirky but I can still post. If I enjoy what I blog, then that’s the most important thing.

I’ve also archived my old Instagram with all the Harry Potter content. Again, I will still post some Potter pictures but I want to include the other fandoms I love. If you can’t handle all the nerdiness, then fairdo. I can’t wait to introduce you to all of the things I love:

• RWBY
  • Disney
  • Books/Reading
  • Anime
  • Doctor Who
  • Chronicles of Narnia
  • Lord of the Rings

It’s true that I’ve lost over 100 followers on Twitter since I changed. At the end of the day, it’s their choice whether they want to follow or unfollow. I can’t keep people around and I never want to force anyone to. I’m starting afresh and that means new people to discover and potentially collab with! Who do you think would make a perfect collab match with me?

Can’t wait to start this new chapter in my blogging journey and take you along with me!

What do you think of my new blog name? Think I shouldn’t have changed?

Paige
    5th July 2020 at 8:21 pm

A massive good luck to your new name and blogging niche – I think it sounds fab! Don’t worry about the unfollowers; it just leaves room for more that are the loyal readership!

Paige // Paige Eades

8th July 2020 at 5:13 pm

Awww, thank you!! That’s what I’m hoping and loyalty is an important thing to a Hufflepuff! Haha!

Sophie Harriet
    6th July 2020 at 8:21 am

I love the new blog name – well done for taking that step and keeping integrity with your values, even if it meant losing a few followers! I’m sure you’ll gain them back soon! I’ve been thinking of changing my blog name, because I’m just not sure I like it enough, but the problem is I can’t think of a better name!

Constance
    6th July 2020 at 8:32 am

I wish you goodluck to your new blog name, it look good 👍 . Thank you so much for sharing the reason behind your change of nam.

Teresa
    6th July 2020 at 8:41 am

Aaaw, sorry to hear that J.K.’s behaviour prompted you to change your blog’s name but you’re right! Harry Potter is our world, she just introduced us to it. And the new name is great! So, maybe this was all a good thing after all 😉

Teresa Maria | Outlandish Blog

Amie
    6th July 2020 at 11:33 am

I honestly love your name change, it is amazing & reflects you.

Love, Amie ❤️

The Curvaceous Vegan

Jenny in Neverland
    6th July 2020 at 1:55 pm

I love your new blog name and I think it’s really smart and sensible to have changed it in light of the current situation with J.K Rowling. I’m looking forward to seeing more Lord of the Rings and Disney fandom stuff from you!

Cassie
    6th July 2020 at 5:23 pm

I think the new name is awesome! Write what you want to write and your tribe will find you!

B
    7th July 2020 at 1:17 pm

Sometimes you just need a fresh start! I love the new name!

Nic | Nic's Adventures & Bakes
    9th July 2020 at 4:16 pm

Good luck with your name change 🙂

Nic | Nic’s Adventures & Bakes

AccordingToDaisy
      10th July 2020 at 4:31 pm

Thank you! I’ll need all the luck! Haha!

Lindsey
    15th July 2020 at 8:53 am

I’m so excited to see where this new chapter takes you and I know it’s going to be bigger and better than ever. I’m also really excited to see your embracing the fandom side of things. I’ve been toying with the idea of venturing that way a little myself because it’s such a big part of my life, and this might have just given me the courage to do it. Looking forward to the adventures coming!

Wendy @ Book Scents
    23rd July 2020 at 3:12 am

You’re right that we have build the world of HP – I am also of the mind that we have made it what it is. She doesn’t get to taint something that has been so formulative to me. The new name sounds fantastic!

AccordingToDaisy
      24th July 2020 at 4:39 pm

That is totally true! She wrote the words but we brought it to life! It might take me a little bit to enjoy the writing again but I will! xx