Lifestyle Mental Health

5 Ways To Reset For The Upcoming Week

One of my favourite type of vlogs to watch on Youtube is looking at how people prepare for the upcoming week. They’re so much fun to watch and you get some amazing ideas on how to reset. There are a bunch of things you can do to get you ready for a brand new week! Whether you do nothing at all or try to get as much done as possible, it’s still your Sunday. Self-Care Sunday!

Let me know what you guys do to prepare for the week. I’m nosy, okay?

Tidy rooms

This isn’t something I always do on a Sunday.

It tends to depend, as everything does, on how my mental health is doing. There are days when I can stick on Spotify and get things sorted. Other days, I’m lucky if I can even do the dishes. I think there is a saying that ‘a tidy house makes a tidy mind’ and that is so true.

A big trigger of my anxiety is being untidy. I’ll be honest and say that I do have an okay flat, but I do tend to have piles of different things on my sofa. I accumulate it all during the week and I don’t have a lot of storage. If I keep it close to hand, I’ll be able to grab.

Tidy around and you’ll start the week all clean!

Do nothing

It’s a little contradictory that this one is doing nothing but yeah…do nothing.

Our weeks are usually pretty hectic (ignoring ‘Rona) and we don’t always have time to sit still. On Sundays, we can. Well, most of us. If you work Sundays, I admire you greatly!

What better thing to do than have a Sunday reset.

Reset yourself – mind, body and soul. Do some yoga, catch up on sleep, watch some Netflix and chill. They say Sundays are meant to be a day of rest!

Do some self-care

If you are doing nothing, that means you have time to self-care. I’m so guilty of not looking after myself any day of the week and it’s a serious problem. Maybe that’s why I watch so many videos. I’m living my best life through these vloggers!

• Put on a face mask
  • Paint your nails
  • Have a nap
  • Read

Meal-prep for the week

Since we’re having a reset and preparing, why not get some meals cooked for the rest of the week? That will take one thing off your to-do list.

I’ve tried a couple of times to meal-prep but I’m still trying to find the best things to cook. I’m super indecisive especially when the weather is warm. I hate cooking when it’s super hot outside! People get hangry for food, I get hangry for being a freaking tap!

Create a plan

My favourite for all things to do during all this chaos!!

Life has been so unpredictable this year and I’ve hated it. All the things we were supposed to do went the metaphorical window and left us all with cabin fever. I’m hopeless when it comes to doing nothing since my brain doesn’t switch off. I have to be doing something!

That’s why I try to create a plan on my reset day. I write down all the things I want to do/need to do during the upcoming week and make a list. Which things are super important and need to be done earlier in the week, which can I delay to later in the day…

What things do you do to reset for the new week?

sunday reset

Giulia
    26th July 2020 at 5:20 pm

You know, I’ve been off from work for so long due to Covid that I don’t even remember what the heck I used to do. Going back to work will be HARD when it’s time.

Lucy
    26th July 2020 at 5:27 pm

Having a plan for the week helps me to be creative and productive for the new week ahead! A lovely post Daisy x

Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk

That Happy Reader
    26th July 2020 at 5:33 pm

Great post! I love starting the week with a clean slate. If you can, make double portions of a favourite meal and save one to have on hand when you’ve had a busy day at work and don’t feel like cooking.

Nancy
    26th July 2020 at 5:45 pm

I love these different activities to reset yourself for the upcoming week. It can be harder for those working from home because it is so easy to get lost in time. Totally agree with a tidy room!! So important! Thanks for sharing!

Nancy ✨ exquisitely.me

Nibs
    26th July 2020 at 5:55 pm

Great tips! I agree having a tidy space and room works wonders!

27th July 2020 at 9:34 am

It really does! Makes me feel much calmer!

Em and Jess
    26th July 2020 at 5:58 pm

I love your website, and your header is gorgeous! I definitely agree with your points about doing nothing and practising some self care, I always make sure my sundays are left completely free so that I can do whatever I like and take care of myself before the new week starts.

27th July 2020 at 9:34 am

Awww! Thank you so much! I’m slowly rejigging my blog to make it something I’m proud of and my new header is so cute!! Sounds like you guys are all sorted! xx

Kayleigh
    26th July 2020 at 6:19 pm

Creating a plan for the upcoming week is something I religiously do! It’s so important to me to be prepared – thanks for sharing x

27th July 2020 at 9:25 am

Yes!! I love doing it! It’s so much fun and it makes you feel productive before you’ve even started! xx

Kadie
    26th July 2020 at 9:02 pm

I tend to not do anything special on Sundays and it tends to be a day just like the rest for me. I would like to make it a day of rest, relaxation and reset but have never just gotten the hang of doing that. There always seems to be something to be done for someone else.

27th July 2020 at 9:24 am

I know what you mean. I can only imagine what it’s like to have a family to look after or work to do! Hopefully you had a restful day yesterday!

Rebekah
    26th July 2020 at 10:04 pm

These are really some great tips to prepare for the upcoming week. It’s always good to take a minute to recharge our batteries. Thanks for sharing.

27th July 2020 at 9:17 am

It is! Even if we can’t do the whole day, you can still give yourself a little time to chill! x

Viki
    27th July 2020 at 4:49 pm

So I work 12 hour days and have a long week (5 days) and a short week (2 days) without overtime. This is just what I need to prepare for my long week!
    Viki- http://www.ohsoviki.com

Lamara Travels
    27th July 2020 at 11:14 pm

Most of the time when I tidy my room it’s to help me feel cleaner and ready for the day ahead. Sometimes it can be a form of procrastination though to avoid doing an annoying task haha! Either way I always feel like I’ve achieved something after cleaning my room thoroughly

28th July 2020 at 4:51 pm

This!! I’m such a bad procrastinator and always looking for something to distract me. Youtube does this to me! Haha!

Nic | Nic's Adventures & Bakes
    28th July 2020 at 11:41 am

Thanks for sharing, I think having a rest day is important, also going for a bit of excerise like a short walk does help for me 🙂

Nic | Nic’s Adventures & Bakes

28th July 2020 at 4:50 pm

Ooh, walks are very important! I’ve found them a little anxiety-inducing because of social distancing, but hoping to slowly build on my steps!

Sophie
    28th July 2020 at 10:42 pm

I used to always lovve full pamper nights on Sundays, it was a nice way to relax but kind of felt like I was getting myself prepped for the week at the same time too. I tend to plan out my to-do lists the night before anyway but add a few weekly tasks to my planner on a Sunday night if they aren’t super urgent x

Sophie