Every time I turn on the news there is something awful to hear. You never know what a person could be going through and that’s why I love hearing about random acts of kindness. I got inpsired by the lovely Amie from The Curveous Vegan to create a post. There have been some I’ve witnessed myself and others I’d love to see more of. It pays to be kind.
If you’ve got any random acts of kindness you’ve seen, I’d love to hear about.
Hearing stories like this really help to warm my heart. I can remember reading threads of these on Tumblr. They remind you that, even when life seems bad, there is good in the world.
- Leave post-it-notes around the house for a loved one
- Offer to help someone struggling with a door
- Send a card of motivation to a friend
- Compliment someone (friend, family or stranger)
- Help people moving and unpack
- Give up your seat to anyone needs it
- Offer to return someone’s shopping trolley
- Call your family and tell them you love them
- Send a friend a random letter
- Leave kind comments online
- Donate to charity
- Donate clothes to shops
- Pay someone’s bill behind them at a drive-thru
- After a wedding or a party, donate flowers to a nursing home
- Befriend an elderly neighbour
- Pick up rubbish around your local area/canal
- Offer to babysit so a friend can have a break/go on a date
- Buy someone homeless something hot to eat/drink
- Help an elderly neighbour with chores for a week
- Bring a loved one breakfast in bed
- Surprise a loved one with a present for no reason
- Say hello to an older person at a bus stop
- Leave a tip for a waitress/waiter
- Smile at someone you don’t know
- Bring food to an animal shelter
- Petsit for a friend/neighbour while they’re away
- Donate blood
- Become an organ donor
- Buy a gift for a child in foster care
- Choose a friend and celebrate them on a random day
I love the idea of doing random acts of kindness, no matter how small they may seem. To the person that kindness is aimed at, it could mean the world to them. I’m not expecting anyone to return these acts and it just gives me a warm feeling that I may have helped someone.
I guess that’s the Hufflepuff in me! Haha!
What random acts have you seen/done lately?